Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Romans 8:28

Romans 8:28 is one of the verses I read and memorized as a young believer. "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."
  • "And we know" - KNOW. Have I experienced the word of God in a way that leads me to say with confidence that I KNOW him and his ways?  There have been times in my life that I have felt his presence and known him as a comforter, healer, and restorer. I have also had times where I experience his withdrawal and discipline in my life.  I KNOW that God is God. I KNOW that his ways are higher than mine. Sometimes it's reminding my heart to KNOW these things.
  • "That for those who love God" - I love God. I desire to know him more and there are many days that I wish I had hours and hours to sit with nothing but his Word and Pandora. =) Having three small children usually limits the hours and hours part of that but I do long for intimate moments that are most times brief but purposeful.
  • "All things work together for good" - Ok this is the part of the verse that has been repeated over and over in my heart lately. This part of the verse doesn't say, "All GOOD things work together for good." I know this sounds so basic and spiritually elementary to lots of people but as many times as I have read and studied this verse it has become alive to me lately. Sometimes bad things can be the things that work together for good. Sometimes bad things can happen but even those bad things can be the very things God uses for good. Without going into too much detail, let me just say that the last few months have been dark and very lonely. I am still experiencing hard days BUT this verse has been so encouraging to me. Even the bad things that I have experienced lately are being used for his good. IT'S NOT ABOUT ME. His good, his glory, his name, his character, his FAITHFULNESS is what it's all about.
I love him and I KNOW that he will use ALL THINGS for his purposes and his glory. It's all a matter of perspective.

  • "For those who are called according to his purpose" -
The confidence that a sovereign God governs for your good all the pain and all the pleasure that you will ever experience is an absolutely incomparable refuge and security and hope and power in your life. - John Piper
 
 
I am a child of God who delights in the blessings of my heavenly Father. Sometimes those blessings are gifts beautifully wrapped. Sometimes they are packages that I would rather not open. God's purpose in all things is to draw me closer to him and bring glory to himself. I have been dealt an ugly package but it has drawn me closer to him and for that I am forever thankful.
 
 
Jeremiah 31:3, "I have loved you with an everlasting love, therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you." Everlasting love. Faithfulness. I am thankful.
 
 
 
His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17
 


No comments: