Friday, February 26, 2010
Hopefully I can post pictures soon, but since I last posted, we have been to Hendersonville to visit Tiffany and her family for her birthday. My parents were able to come over from Jackson and celebrate with us. I love family time!! It was a REALLY quick trip (left Louisville Friday afternoon and got back Saturday afternoon) but it was worth it. I have so many cute pictures. Hopefully, I can post them soon.
Last Sunday, we went to Springfield, KY where Nathan preached for the first time in a LONG time. A friend of ours is the pastor there and he was leading a marriage retreat that weekend so he asked Nathan to come preach in his absence. Nathan did a great job and he was excited to have the opportunity.
That night we went to McAlister's for dinner. I got Brandon a kid's meal...hot dog and applesauce. Oh, yeah he has started eating table food. I still give him baby food every once in a while but he does a good job "chewing" the real stuff. Anyway, he ate half of his hot dog and all of his applesauce. As we were finishing up dinner, Nathan decided to feed Brandon a pickle to see what he would do. He loved it...he ate Nathan's pickle and mine!!! It was hilarious. I do have a picture of that because I took it with my phone...
I go to the doctor on Monday for a check-up on baby #2. I will update about that as soon as I can.
Monday, February 15, 2010
This morning I woke up to 3.5 inches of snow on the ground and more falling from the sky. That's not much but it's just enough to make you want to stay inside...back roads are scary when they are snow covered (maybe that's just me and my Tennessee upbringin')! =) So, Brandon and I made the best of it.
I have loved watching the Winter Olympics. It's a good thing because it has kept me entertained most of the day. Brandon doesn't watch TV...in fact, I can put on any children's DVD or the most entertaining Sesame Street episode and he could care less. However, he watched snowboarding for quite a while.
Nathan is actually getting off work a little early tonight - woo hoo!! Hopefully tomorrow the roads will be clearing and I can go about my normal routine.
Nathan came home on Friday and told me that he was scheduled to work noon to five on Sunday (Valentine's Day). Ok, so I don't like the holiday yet my feelings were hurt when he told me he had to work - go figure. So, anyway, I went to lunch with friends after church, came home and napped with Brandon, then waited for Nathan to get home. We had dinner at Cracker Barrel and dessert at the Homemade Pie Kitchen...YUMMY! That piece of pecan pie was all that I needed to make it a Happy Valentine's Day! =)
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Brandon is eight months old today!! It's crazy how much he has changed in the last month. I have kept up with some of it on here on you can scroll down to see the most recent "Brandon happenings." =)
- He is crawling and pulling up! He was pulling up to his knees but he is pulling up to his feet now. He is crawling EVERYWHERE and into EVERYTHING!
- He loves his Daddy!!! He comes to me when he is hungry or sleepy but other than that, he is all about hanging all over Nathan. I tell Nathan it makes me jealous but it doesn't. It makes me happy. He started saying, "Dada" a few weeks ago and has yet to say, "Mama."
- He is on stage 3 baby foods...that won't last long. I think he is ready for some real food.
- He loves his puff snacks. I usually give them to him when I am cleaning house or cooking dinner because it keeps him entertained! =) Hey, it works.
- He is wearing 12 month clothes and has been for a while.
- He loves going to church. Between Cafe Mom, Bible study, and regular church activities, we are there a lot. The nursery workers go on and on about how sweet and content he is...I hope I get that report forever!!! =)
- He is still sleeping great...about 10 hours at night and two naps during the day. I am going to try to keep those two naps going until the new baby is here (due in August).
We love you, Brandon!
Friday, February 5, 2010
...Got back from Haiti last night. Will be spending the day in the Dominican Republic at the beach, getting a MUCH needed facial and pedicure. Headed out at about 4:30 in the morning. It has been a safe trip with much processing left to do in my mind. Please continue to pray for the Haitians and their country. So many innocent people whose families have been separated and even abducted. Their tears and hopes will remain in my mind for a long time. Talk to you soon!...
She will be home soon! YAY!!!
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Brandon has started pulling up on stuff. He usually just gets to his knees but every once in a while he will get to his feet.
He is doing new stuff all the time. It's so exciting!! He is definitely a mover which can make the day interesting but he is also learning the word "no." That's what he gets for deciding to move! =)
We got Brandon an indoor basketball goal. Yes, I know it's early but a friend of mine was getting rid of one so I wanted to take advantage of not having to pay $50 for one. Well, I think Daddy is having more fun than Brandon ever will. Brandon has no idea how much fun he and his Daddy are going to have when he is old enough to run around and play ball...not much longer!