Saturday, January 25, 2014

1 Peter 5:10

"And after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." 1 Peter 5:10

I have delayed writing this post for a few weeks because I wanted to make sure that my thoughts were put into words that are edifying and encouraging rather than destructive. So...

2013 was very difficult. I would love to change the word "suffering" in the verse to "endured hardships" because I know that my suffering is nothing compared to what Peter was addressing in 1 Peter. I was faced with situations that caused me to question my gifts and calling within the church and even my standing before God. I was put in a place I have never been before and I hope to never be again. However, all these things have brought me where I am today. As a lady stated in a Bible study group I am in, "I don't like my problems but they keep me close to Him." 

Job 42:5-6, "I had heard of you but the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you." I have experienced God is various settings and through many circumstances in my life but the last few months have brought me to a place of really seeing him as I haven't experienced before. 

Romans 8:28, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good for those who are called according to his purpose." ALL THINGS work together for good...yes, all things. Even bad. I met Ms. Nancy at church a few months ago and she stated it best, "We must conclude that if he allows it, that it must be the instrument by which he will make us holy." 

2013 was very difficult. Did I already mention that? =) I am so thankful for the past few weeks as I have been encouraged. I have been encouraged with new relationships but I have been most encouraged by the Holy Spirit and the Word. I am so thankful for a faithful God who stays true to who he is despite my lack of faith. Circumstances and heartbreak led me down a path of doubting him and I have asked forgiveness. I know that ALL THINGS work together for good and his ultimate desire is that I be conformed to the image of Christ and be made holy. The path to get me to this place wasn't fun AT ALL but the end result is a closer walk with him...and trusting. 

This is my favorite version of this song and it has been on repeat this week...



His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17



No comments: