Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Victorious Life


O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood.


How many times have you sung this in church and not really thought about the words? I'm guilty. It's one of those songs that we have heard multiple times and the truth of it has lost its power. Read the words again. "He sought me and bought me with his redeeming blood...He plunged me to victory beneath the cleansing flood." That's extremely powerful and after today I don't know that I will ever hear or sing the song the same again.

Every Wednesday morning I am part of a women's study on the book of Revelation. This morning we discussed Revelation 12. We dwelt on verse 11 for quite a while, "And they have conquered him (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved their lives even unto death." In context, the author (John) is speaking of the tribulation when Satan is thrown out of heaven. Today, he stands as an accuser (Revelation 12:10) before God. A book could be written on those two verses alone so I am not going to focus on the details of what's going on in those verses BUT if you are a believer in Jesus Christ then you know that Satan is the accuser. For those that have overcome sin in their lives Satan thrives on reminding those people where they have been and how their worth is found in that sin. Satan is great at whispering thoughts of fear and doubt in our ears when we are faced with trying situations. He is the accuser. 

How they overcame Satan in Revelation 12:11 is how we can overcome him today. Remind Satan that you have been washed and made righteous in the blood of Jesus. Be bold in testifying the word to Satan. Show the accuser that you have a much bigger power! 

Mrs. Nancy (leader of the study), "To live the victorious Christian life in Jesus is a matter of choices. Choose to let the power of the Holy Spirit work in your life." That phrase "victorious life" has always kind of bothered me because being a Christian doesn't always bring victory. There is an ultimate victory in our life with Christ but the day to day journey in this life doesn't always feel victorious. If we are in Christ, we can live victoriously knowing that we have the power over Satan and this world. CHOOSE to let the power of the Spirit work! 

I am thankful for Mrs. Nancy and her commitment to the Word. Side note: She wrote a devotional book in 1992 and she gave me a copy of it today. The reading for today was about Job and 1 Peter 5:10. If you have kept up with the blog then you know this was just confirmation of how God has been working in my life. I am thankful for Mrs. Nancy's leadership and the way the Lord is using her in this season of my life. 


His, 
Meg 
Zeph. 3:17

No comments: