Monday, July 28, 2008

~Orange Beach 2008~

What a great week!!! Nathan and I spent last week in Orange Beach, AL -- the annual spot for the Wright family vacation. We left Friday night (the 18th) and drove to Calera, AL which is where Nathan's family lives. We stayed the night there and enjoyed Saturday morning and early afternoon hanging out with them. I am a city girl...I have always lived in a town of atleast 10,000. Well, Calera is small town and I LOVE IT!! His parents live off a dirt road and they have huge oak trees on their acres of land.


I was also reunited with Daisy! I got Daisy right after I graduated from seminary last May. I lived in an apartment near the seminary which is not good for a beagle...she was SO hyper and got into everything. When Nathan and I got engaged we started looking for apartments. I moved into the apartment while we planned the wedding -- Daisy had to go!! =( It was REALLY sad but I knew it was best for her. So, I was SO excited to get to see her and was even happier when she remembered me! =)


We ate lunch with Nathan's family then we headed to the beach! We arrived in Orange Beach late Saturday afternoon. It was great to see my family!!! Nathan and I got married in April so it had only been a few months since I had seen them but if you are married then you know that you dont have the MOST quality time with your family on the wedding weekend.

The week was pretty laid back as we spent the days on the beach or by the pool. We cooked a few nights and then some nights we went to our favorite local restaurants...Johnny Rockets at the Wharf, Doc's and Tacky Jack's.



We spent evenings playing games like Apples to Apples or Moods, watching movies or swimming in the pool. Our favorite activity of the week was our Bocci Ball tournament. Well, it wasn't really a tournament but it got pretty competitive and Tiffany was our little cheerleader! =)



Vacation always goes by WAY TOO FAST and this year was no exception. Mama has probably already looked at condos for next year and has started planning the summer week for 2009. Daddy is probably cleaning his golf clubs thinking about how much time he has to improve before getting beat by his son-in-laws again next year. This time next year, Jonathan will have another year of college under his belt and Tiffany will be getting ready to send her oldest baby to high school while the youngest baby is preparing for Kindergarten. Nathan will be out of seminary (Lord willing) and we will be preparing to make our first big move...only God knows where!!

We are blessed to be part of such a GREAT family and we are looking forward to SUMMER 2009!!!!

(Here are some random pictures from the week)...ENJOY! =) You can see lots more on Facebook!








No comments: