Thursday, April 18, 2013

Anniversary Weekend

It's been a few weeks since the last post...so here's the first of a few posts as an update.

Our anniversary was April 5 and because we have amazing family and friends, Nate and I were able to get away for the weekend. Grammy and Papa (Nate's parents) kept the boys in Alabama and Dalton stayed with our friends, the Blairs, here in Nashville. We spent the weekend in Atlanta and it was a much needed getaway!!!

I have been a Braves fan for years so I was SO excited when Nate told me he had Braves tickets for the Friday night game against the Cubs. We had great seats and the weather was perfect.



The NCAA basketball tournament was in Atlanta the same weekend we were there so it was pretty crazy but we stayed away from downtown and took the Marta (subway) everywhere. We knew better than to try and drive in that craziness. So, Saturday, we stayed away from the crowds of the tournament. We took the Marta to a shopping district and spent the afternoon walking and shopping. We even got to eat a nice sit down meal with NO INTERRUPTIONS!!! =) It was a beautiful weekend!!



We worshiped at Passion City church Sunday morning (more about that in an upcoming post) then drove home. Since Dalton was staying with friends in Nashville we were able to get him as soon as we got home. He was scheduled to get tubes (FINALLY) the following morning so I wasn't going to get the big boys back till the next afternoon. We were able to spend a nice evening with Dalton. It's very rare that it's just the three of us so it was nice.




I Face Timed the boys while they were in Alabama and even though I miss them like crazy when they are gone, I know they have a great time. Thanks, Grammy and Papa for spoiling my babies!! They loved going to the races and being outside all weekend.




I am so thankful for our weekend away...it was a much needed break from things here and I am thankful for those that made it possible!




His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17

No comments: