Monday, April 22, 2013

Passion & Purpose

When Nate and I were in Atlanta a couple weeks ago, we attended PassionCity Church. The pastor is Louie Giglio and the worship leader is Chris Tomlin. Yes, the music was amazing and the sermon was well delivered but more importantly it was humbly done. Louie Giglio preached a sermon titled "Passion and Purpose" and it has been etched on my heart and mind ever since.

Am I in the place God wants me to be?
Can I know in the end of my days that my life counted for something?

Yes and yes.

Colossians 3:17, "And whatever you do, in word or in deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
"And whatever you do..." - PASSION. You have a unique gifting. God given potential. What makes you come alive inside? What fires you up? Those things are your passions.
"Do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus..." - PURPOSE. Do the "whatever"/passion in the name of Jesus. Our passions are different but the purpose is the same. Romans 11:36.

At the end of the day have you given ALL to Him and glorified Him on earth?
Does my life shine a light on Jesus?

Colossians 1:15, "All things were created BY Him and FOR Him." He creates amazing things with amazing creativity. We have something that reflects that God given creativity. Those gifts are given FOR Him.

Identify and embrace your passions. Pay attention to how He has uniquely gifted you.
It's important to know that purpose always overshadows our passion. It's about the conduct of our journey, not the product.


Ok, so those are notes that I took but there was SO MUCH said that I couldn't scribble fast enough.

He challenged us to discover our passions...whether that's being an architect, salesman, or missionary. We are all passionate about something and we can fulfill our purpose doing those things we are passionate about.

I left church that day with a sad heart. Encouraged? Yes. But sad.

Nate and I both have passions for ministry and the Church. We desire to spend our life on earth sharing the hope of Christ and discipling others to have a love for Him that is evident in their passions. We are at a place in our journey that is like a holding tank. We are learning lots in the process but I am saddened that we aren't able to live out these God given passions. We have sent Nate's resume to numerous churches and associations and we are just waiting.

WAITING REQUIRES PATIENCE WHICH I AM TERRIBLE AT!!

Nate is very passionate about the Word and His people and desires to teach and preach.
I, like Nate, love teaching (women, of course =)) and discipleship. I have a passion for ministry and walking along Nate in his role as a pastor.

I know that God is sovereign and I know He has a perfect plan for our lives...
I know that this is just a season in the journey and He will carry us through...
I know that He is faithful even when we aren't...
I know that we will look back on this time and be thankful for the waiting...

Pray for the process. Pray for our hearts.




His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17

No comments: