Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Calling

It seems lately that things have just gotten crazy. Not bad crazy. Just crazy.

I have been working 20-25 hours a week at the YMCA which is a lot when I am trying to keep up with full time Mommy duties...laundry, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, teaching, refereeing, etc. Some days I am a little overwhelmed and I have to remind myself over and over of my priorities - 1) my relationship with Jesus; 2) caring for my family.

Unfortunately, my priorities can get out of order. There are days that I get so caught up in the busyness of motherhood/wifehood that I end up neglecting the most important relationship. That leaves me with a lack of patience and days void of joy in my calling as a wife and mother.

Brandon will be four next month.
Dalton will be one next month.
Carson will be three in July.

With each child I have had the same response when finding out they were boys. "Well, that's one less wedding we have to pay for." Hahahahaha...but seriously. It's true. But I have come to realize and be convicted of my responsibility in raising these little men. They are future leaders of their families. Lord willing, they are future leaders of their wives and children. Nate and I have a responsibility to raise them in awe and fear of the Lord and hope that one day they will desire to lead their families in the same way.

Again, my priorities must be in the correct order so that I can properly lead them on a daily basis with the prayer that the end result is little men that love Jesus...and their Mama! =)




No comments: