Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blessings

Laura Story wrote Chris Tomlin's "Indescribable." Her newest album is out and this song, Blessings, is the newest from that album. LOVE IT!

You can listen to Laura's testimony on how she came to write this song (http://youtube/Nz9irePc-iI). It's a powerful testimony of trusting God and taking him at his Word even when the blessings He gives aren't what we WANT.



Several people come to mind when listening to this song but my friends, Drew and Tammy, dominate my thoughts. In 2009 Drew was diagnosed with a rare cancer in the upper small intestine. He has been in and out of the hospital lately and my heart is so heavy for that family! I am able to keep up with the details through their blog (which I am so thankful for, Tammy) and I am so encouraged by her trust and hope in God. We serve a God that is SO much bigger than cancer and he could certainly heal Drew with a word. But as the song says, "When darkness seems to win, we know that pain reminds this heart that this is not our home."

Boling family, you are in my prayers!





Meg

No comments: