Monday, April 4, 2011

"Mama Clean"

Today was a very interesting day!!!

It started with Zumba at 8:30 this morning.

I knew there was a storm coming so I ran errands when we left the Y.

When we got home, I got the boys situated and started dinner - yes, I was planning/cooking ahead of time!! I made a dish of enchiladas for some friends of ours at church that had a baby. Then, I made a dish for us. I put them both in the fridge with the intention of heating them up later in the afternoon.

We ate lunch and I put the boys down for a nap.

Then the storm began! Our power went out. Nice.

It stayed out for the next five hours. Not a big deal right? I mean it was still daylight so I just opened the blinds/curtains for light to come in. I had dripping (yes, dripping) water but it was enough that I was able to make bottles for Carson. All was good...EXCEPT...I hadn't had a shower since Zumba that morning and a dripping shower would NOT DO!!!

So, I ended up showering at the YMCA. Oh, and the enchiladas I fixed earlier...the husband met me at the Y and took them so that his family could have dinner. I wasn't able to cook them but I gave them directions and hopefully they enjoyed them!

Ok, back to the shower...I wore sandals. I kept everything I owned off the floor. I just held my breath and didn't think about all the nasty germs. Reality - it wasn't that bad. In fact, I told Nathan he could easily work out before work and get a good shower. He laughed. But really. It wasn't that bad.

We picked up dinner on the way home.

We were home for an hour when our power came back on...all it took was me calling my Mama and whining! =) Seriously. I was whining to her and it came back on. Mamas can fix EVERYTHING!!! =)

As soon as the power came back on, I jumped up, gave the boys a bath and finished the cleaning that I had started before the power went off. Brandon is such a good little helper. He helped me clean our bathroom mirror..."Mama clean"



So, today was a very interesting day but as I type this the boys are sleeping and Nathan is on the couch watching the NCAA Championship game...everything is back to normal.





Meg

No comments: