Saturday, July 16, 2011

Thankful for Provision

Last night was probably one of the scariest times for me since having Brandon over two years ago. Let me preface by saying that I don't like feeling hopeless and out of control (who does, right?).

Nathan had a softball game last night so, of course, the boys and I went and cheered for him and Faith Church. They play doubleheaders so the boys and I stay for the first game and then head home for baths and bed. Last night we were on the way home -- Carson was asleep and Brandon was talking in an effort to keep himself awake -- and I heard something pop. It sounded like something fell off the top of the van...and then I heard the "thump thump thump." Flat tire. Ugh.

If you know the Nashville area then you know where I got stuck is not the most ideal place to have a flat tire. I had just come off Briley Parkway and was almost to Charlotte. It was late, people were flying by me, semi trucks were way too close for comfort. I was scared!!! Brandon kept saying, "I see the moon." hahaha We have had several conversations about the sun and moon lately and I guess he was using his new knowledge while sitting on the side of I-40.

I immediately called my friend, Carolyn, who was at the game so she could get Nathan for me. He left the game and came to our rescue. We were able to get the boys in their car so we could get them home. The tire was shot and there was no way we could make it two miles to the next exit. So, Nathan went and waited for a tow truck to get it.

Nathan got in around midnight last night and got up early this morning to get make sure the van was fixed this morning. I normally go to Zumba at 9:30 on Saturday mornings. With the van issues and Nathan having to be at work at noon, I wasn't sure if Zumba was even going to be an option for me. I do have an amazing husband...not only did he take care of the van but he got home in time for me to go to Zumba AND he watched the boys so I could go to the Y alone!

I am so thankful not only for our protection as we sat on the side of the interstate last night but I am also thankful for the Lord's provision in giving me a husband that takes care of us without a single complaint! I am so blessed and so thankful!



Meg

No comments: