Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Happy Birthday, Brandon William!

Yesterday was Brandon's 5th birthday!



This seems like yesterday. I will never forget the feeling of being a mommy for the first time. Everything was so new and I had no idea what I was doing.

  • He has always been strong willed and independent...I have no idea where he gets that from.
  • He is too smart for his own good. If you know him then you know what I am talking about.
  • He loves Jesus. It is so precious to hear him talk about Jesus and the desire to know more. 
  • He isn't overly affectionate...ok, I have to BEG for a hug...don't know where he gets that either (hahaha). On the rare occasion he decides to give me a random hug, I stop whatever I am doing to accept it. 
Brandon William, thank you for making me a mommy!! 
I am so thankful that God chose me to be his mommy!! 

We are having VBS at church this week so I felt a little guilty that his birthday happened to be the same week. But, I have great friends that helped love on him and make his day special. My friend, Ashley, was in charge of recreation and during her time with the kids she made it a point to have everyone sing happy birthday to him. It was a sweet time and it really did make him feel special! 



We told Brandon we would eat at his restaurant of choice. I really thought he would say "Mexican" since that's our favorite but instead he said IHOP. Nate could eat breakfast for dinner everyday of the week but I am not a fan. I am convinced he chose IHOP because he loves his daddy but whatever! =)



We got home and celebrated with cake and presents! He was one happy and thankful little man!



Happy Birthday, Brandon William!!! We love you!


His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17

No comments: