Monday, June 23, 2014

VBS x2

The week of June 9th was VBS at church and the boys had a blast!
The following week the boys went to Alabama and participated in VBS at Grammy and Papa's church. They had a blast! =)

I volunteered to teach Brandon's class this year and that was a lot of fun. There were a couple Pre-K classes but my class had sixteen kiddos and twelve of those were boys. I love boys. It's true. However, we spent lots of time on the playground and found very interesting ways of getting from point A to point B. Those poor girls...all four of them...hahahahaha! They seemed to be having fun but bless 'em! =)

The theme of VBS at Forest Hills (our church) was Agency D3. These are the boys name badges for the week...


We focused on the verse 1 Peter 3:15, "Always be ready to tell what you know about Jesus." They were "agents in training" as they learned about Jesus and how to share the gospel with family, friends, and classmates. The curriculum was great and easy to follow and the kids seemed to grasp the content which is always encouraging! =)

I am so thankful for this body of believers and the way they serve out of a genuine love for the Lord and his people. There were 700 total participants for the week...250 adult and youth volunteers and 450 kiddos. There were 30+ decisions made to follow Christ and one those being the parent of one of the children participating!

The boys finally let me take a picture on the last day...


VBS ended that Friday and we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch


Friday night was Family Night. Brandon and Carson sang with the Pre-K choir which was PRECIOUS and then the K-6th graders sang songs they had learned throughout the week. Afterwards, we went outside for games, food, fellowship, and fun!


The boys love VBS so much that they went to Alabama to participate in ANOTHER WEEK of it! Their seven cousins from Florida were in Alabama for the week, too, so they had a great time!!!

Nate and I enjoyed a quiet week at home. I worked a lot since I had been off the week of our VBS but it was ok...I was able to nap!! =) Nate and I got to go on a date to J Alexanders (my fave). After about 48 hours of them being gone I was more than ready for them to come home but I tried to make the best of it.

On Friday afternoon, Nate and I drove to Grace Baptist for their Family Night. Their theme was Weird Animals so it was neat seeing a different theme than what we had done. Here they are singing with the kids choir...


They had a great couple weeks...now time for the rest of the summer!


His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17

No comments: