Monday, February 23, 2009

Be still

"Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in all the earth!" Ps. 46:10

Today was my 24-week check-up for Baby Boy Moore (name still undecided). Up to this point, I have felt great and I haven't had any concerns. Over the past week and a half or so, I have noticed a lot of swelling in my feet and legs. I was a little nervous going into the doctor's office because I was afraid the news would be negative. I met with the nurse first. I weighed in and she took my blood pressure. She had a look of concern on her face as she filled out my chart which made me a little nervous considering I had never seen her that way before.

My doctor is amazing...he is very calm, cool and collected and always makes me feel at ease. He walked in this morning and said, "Well, we need to talk." Since I had that feeling that there would be concern on his part, I wasn't shocked but I got scared REAL fast. He proceeded to tell me that my blood pressure concerned him. In the past it has been relatively low and it had jumped significantly enough to cause concern. What was intended to be a 30-minute check-up turned out to be a two hour process.

I had some lab work done and I have been instructed to do a 24-hour urine sample before going back to the doctor for a follow up and ultrasound next Wednesday. I have been put on bed rest from now until then in an effort to lower my blood pressure. Preeclampsia is his concern right now. He isn't overly concerned at this point, but he is going to monitor my blood pressure and look at lab results before my appointment next Wednesday. Like I said, he is going to do an ultrasound and we will go from there.

I did get to hear little man's heartbeat which was VERY encouraging. He sounds great and I feel him moving more everyday. The doctor confirmed that baby is perfectly fine at this point which was such a relief!!! So, for the next few days, I just need to take care of myself and find things to keep me from going stir crazy.



Meg

"The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing." Zeph. 3:17

2 comments:

Summer said...

I'll be praying for all 3 of ya'll in the next few days and especially next Thursday!

Stephanie said...

Love you!!! I am praying!