Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Weekend in Jackson

Nathan and I spent Valentine's weekend in Jackson, TN with my family. He was off work Saturday and Sunday so we took advantage of a weekend off work by driving to my parent's house. My sister and her family drove down from Hendersonville so it was a great opportunity to see the neices, nephew and PREGGO sister! =) Unfortunately, Jonathan wasn't able to make it from Chattanooga - we missed you, Bubba!

I assumed that everyone would be in bed by the time we got there. We didn't leave Louisville until close to 7:00 which means we didn't arrive in Jackson until 10:30 or so. We walked into my parent's house and there was a card game going on with snacks on the kitchen counter. Party animals!! =)

Saturday was an eventful day. My Daddy Bill was awarded his football letter during halftime of the Union University men's basketball game. He played football in the 1940s but never received his letter. Through a series of events, word got around to the man in charge of alumni and he made the award ceremony happen. It was a special time for Daddy Bill and I was so glad I could be there for it.



That afternoon we went shopping. Mama got me a Grass Monkey gift certificate for Christmas. Since that store is only located in Jackson, I had to wait to use it. I got a new purse (of course), earrings and sunglasses. We also went to Old Navy where I got Baby Moore's first little outfits. Well, Nathan's mom got baby a Halloween outfit which is really cute but he can't really wear that everyday! I mean, I guess he could but that might be weird...and kind of gross. So, Mama bought him a few outfits and I bought him a few. My favorite is the ORANGE AND WHITE onesie...GO VOLS! (He will learn quickly I hope). Nathan is a Bama fan so I have to do what I can to convince this baby that UT is the way to go.

We spent early Saturday evening watching Tennessee basketball and playing cards. Graciee was the entertainment of the afternoon:



The day was almost perfect...and then we ordered Sakura (sushi) for dinner. The day was NOW complete and totally perfect! =) No, I don't eat the raw stuff.

Tiffany's birthday is on the 23rd so after dinner we sang Happy Birthday and ate ice cream cake which TOTALLY put me over the top. Baby Moore was definitely kicking looking for more room! =)

Sunday morning Nathan and I went to church and then to lunch with my grandparents, parents and Uncle Lawrence. Nathan got his BBQ fix so he was happy!! =) We went back to my parents house after lunch to relax before starting the journey home.

Nathan and Tommy (brother-in-law)

Tiffany and Tommy - expecting twins in August!

Sunniee watching the Gremlins

SUSHI NIGHT

Celebrating Tiffany's birthday

Austin, Sunniee and Graciee



We had a great time and we are looking forward to family vacation in Gatlinburg in April!!



Meg

No comments: