Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Eli on guard

Eli is our four and a half year old cat. I got him when I moved to Louisville and until Brandon was born, he was my baby! He was pretty spoiled. Since Brandon has been born my priorities have changed. I spend time with Eli but he has been dethroned...awwww, sad. Anyway, Brandon will be twelve weeks old tomorrow and Eli has just gotten to where he will even acknowledge Brandon lives here. He usually walks right past him and doesn't even grace him with the typical cat sniff.

This morning when Nathan was getting ready for work and I was getting my much needed cup of coffee, Eli decided he would be cordial. When I walked back to our bedroom this is what I saw...


It's not the best picture ever, but I knew if I got any closer Eli would run off. Brandon is taking a nap in our bed and Eli is just watching him sleep. I like to pretend that Eli is guarding over him to make sure he has sweet dreams, but I think he's really planning how he can get rid of him.

For all you mamas out there freaking out about Brandon being in our bed, he doesn't sleep with us. It's just where he likes to take his morning nap.


Meg

No comments: