Monday, September 28, 2009

Runaway Eli

It was a gorgeous night last night so we decided to open the living room window. It's a sliding glass door and we have a screen that we keep closed so Eli won't get out. Last night we opened the window without noticing that the screen was open. So, when Eli went to look out, he took advantage of an open door and ran out. Neither Nathan nor myself saw him "escape."

It wasn't until this morning that I noticed Eli was gone. Usually when I get out of bed he is right at my feet. I have to pay attention to him before I can do anything else. Well, this morning I checked our bedroom closet (his hiding place) and under the couch. I called his name numerous times until I started thinking he was gone.

I walked over to the living room window and noticed that the screen door was open. It was then that I knew my little Eli had gotten out. I was in my pj's so I wasn't going to go outside but I called his name to see if he would meow (he got out at an apartment I lived in before and he meowed when I called him). After a few calls, I heard him. I went and got Nathan and asked him to go out there and get him.

Eli spent the entire night outside! =( He was hiding under a bush at the end of our street. Eli ran to Nathan when he saw him...he was on edge for about an hour when he came inside but since then he has been pretty calm. In fact, he has been sleeping anywhere and everywhere. I am pretty sure he had a LONG night!




Meg

No comments: