Monday, April 19, 2010

Brandon Update

Brandon turned ten months old on the 10th and he has been doing SO many new things. He is saying, "Mama" now...it took a little while after saying "Daddy" but that's ok! =) He is eating all table food - no more baby food!! WOO HOO!! He usually eats yogurt or applesauce with a banana or some other fruit for breakfast; lunch is usually ham and cheese with a fruit cup or veggie (or leftovers from dinner the night before); he eats whatever Nathan and I eat for dinner. Last night he had grilled chicken, green beans and fried apples at Cracker Barrel. He is a such a good little eater.

I give him snacks throughout the day and his favorite right now is pop-tarts! HAHAHAHA I hadn't bought those for a LONG time until last week. I gave him one to see if he liked it and now whenever he sees the shiny silver package he goes crazy. It's funny. He likes NutriGrain bars, too, and he still eats his puffs. I haven't found anything that he won't eat which is great.

He is only taking one bottle a day and that's his "night night bottle." He was weaning himself off of his day time bottles...very disinterested and just not eating them. Fine with me - formula is expensive! =)

He is starting to climb things and is still pulling up on everything. He is still holding on one handed and we are convinced he is going to walk soon but nothing yet. Since he has started crawling and getting into everything he has learned the word, "no." I have had to start disciplining by squeezing his little hand when he does something after I say, "no." Most of the time he just looks at me and crawls away! =) I know that he knows what "no" means because he has started saying it to me. Sometimes Nathan will be holding him and I will walk over and hold out my hands for him to come to me. He will look at me and shake his head, "no." Hmmmm...He does LOVE his Daddy but it confirms to me that he knows what the word means.

Our friend, Kim, gave Brandon an Easter basket this year and in the basket was a ball. Brandon LOVES it...it has definitely become his favorite toy!!!! He doesn't say, "ball" yet but if we say, "Go get your ball" he will go find it.

I can't believe that he will be ONE soon...that's CRAZY!!! He is such a good boy and his little personality is starting to show. I love it!!!



Meg

1 comment:

Naffy said...

Hey i think your kid is so cute! I'm glad he's on solids. I'm a little underaged right know but if i ever wanted kids and I think you've given me some wise advice!