Monday, November 8, 2010

helllooooo Nashville!

We moved to Nashville two weeks ago today!!!!

I wanted to post an update sooner but we have been having computer and internet issues. Unfortunately, our desktop computer...which has all my photos on it...is getting fixed soooo I can't post pictures. Hopefully, we will get it back soon!!!

The last two weeks have been CRAZY but we are finally getting settled. We love our new place and we have been encouraged by the office staff and Faith Church. We had our first outreach event...if that's what you want to call it...this past Sunday night which went well. The youth from church came and helped which was a HUGE blessing! We made welcome packets for new residents and tenants who signed new leases. The youth helped put those together and helped us deliver them. We ended up making 27 contacts which is a good start. We have a Meet & Greet this Thursday night in the complex clubhouse which will be a good time to meet people that live in the Grande View complex.

So, what you REALLY want to know is how the boys are doing!! =) Well, we moved to Nashville from Louisville which means we experienced a time change. Brandon normally goes to bed at 8:45 (Louisville time) which means he was ready at 7:45 here. I kept him up an hour later...I put him down for a nap at noon which is when he has always gone...I did all I knew to do to help his little body adjust to the time change. Nothing worked. My little man who used to sleep until 8:30 or 9:00 was now waking up at 7:00 or 7:30! =( Just when I thought he was getting it, we experienced yet another time change...the FALL BACK...yes, another hour!! So, the Sunday of the change he woke up at 6:00am!!!!!!!!!! Not ok. He did better last night and hopefully he will sleep until 7:00 or 7:30 tomorrow.

Carson hasn't missed a beat. I guess because he is still a little guy and takes cat naps during the day. He has started rolling over...yes, not even 3 1/2 months old! Brandon started rolling when he was 3 months old but I "coached" him. I was so ready for him to DO SOMETHING besides lay there. Well, I had prepared my mind and heart. I was going to let Carson lay around as long has he wanted to and when he was ready to move, he would do it in his time. Well, he did. Just A LOT earlier than I expected. He is changing more and more all the time...very vocal and smiles all the time. I wish I had pictures to put on here but hopefully in the next few days I can show him off! =)

Nathan has a lead on a job but nothing confirmed so I will post with that info when it is time. Just know that we are thankful for those of you that have sent emails and messages of encouragement and prayer. We don't take that for granted!!!

We have been so blessed and God has been so faithful in providing in so many ways!! We are excited about the opportunities that have already been made available to us and I look forward to sharing those with you soon!!!

(pictures coming soon)



Meg

No comments: