Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Praying Mommy

When each of our boys were born we "assigned" them a verse.

Brandon - Ps. 119:9, "How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word."
Carson - Micah 6:8, "He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?"
Dalton - Ps. 105:4, "Seek the Lord and his strength, seek his presence continually."

I was reading the other day and came across this verse. I have it marked in my Bible as a reminder to pray it over them...

My son(s), do not lose sight of these - keep sound wisdom and discretion, and they will be life for your soul and adornment for your neck. Then you will walk on your way securely, and your foot will not stumble.
Proverbs 3:21-23


I have had recent conversations with friends about what our plans are for schooling our boys...homeschool vs. public/private school. The reason most people give for homeschooling their children is to protect them from the dangers and worldliness of the school system whether public or private. I will homeschool not out of fear for what my children are exposed to but out of obedience to the Lord. There is no way I can keep my boys safe from everything this world has to offer but I can PRAY they walk in wisdom and discretion. I PRAY that Nate and I are teaching them obedience and discernment in decison making now, even as young as they are.

I am thankful for the Word! This parenting thing isn't easy but I am so thankful I have a guide!



His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17

No comments: