Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My Favorite Season


I love this time of year! I love the changing of the seasons, the cooler weather, football (even when my teams aren't doing so hot), the excitement of the holidays...MY MAMA'S HOME DECOR!! =) That was just for you, Mama! =)

One of our favorite things to do is play at the park...


We are in an apartment that has a patio off of the living room which is nice when they just want to be outside but let's be honest...I have three little boys. THEY LOVE TO BE OUTSIDE! So, on my off days I try to find some way for us to be at a park or somewhere that they can run and play.

This past weekend I surprised Brandon with tickets to his first Titans game. Thanks to a friend of mine I was able to get good tickets and a parking pass! It was super nice not to have to walk to the stadium with a four year old! (Thanks, Cheryl!)

We went to the early service at church that morning then took Carson and Dalton to Carolyn's (one of our babysitters). She took them to lunch and then back to our place for naps. She is so great with them and they LOVE her! I was afraid Carson would feel left out when I dropped him off but he was excited about riding in her car...and she got him a few new Power Rangers. SPOILED! =)

So, I took Brandon home to change clothes and I thought he might figure it out then...We both had Titans shirts on...but, no.
We headed to the stadium and as we got closer he noticed lots of cars with Titans flags...but he still had no idea.
We drove past people walking to the stadium and everyone had on Titans gear...still clueless.
We were right beside the stadium in the parking lot and he saw a huge Titans banner outside the stadium and thought it was really cool...
Then, we walked to our seats. When we came through the concourse and saw the field his jaw dropped and he looked at me and said, "We are at a Titans game." Jake Locker was on the field throwing a football and he was so excited and anxious to sit and watch him.


It was a TERRIBLE game as we lost to Jacksonville who hadn't won a game all season. It was a very frustrating game to watch but we had a great time! Yes, he asked a million questions but that was ok. The people in front of us were great sports. Thankfully we weren't surrounded by lots of cussing and alcohol!!


Nate works part time for a company that does security at events in Nashville. Bless his heart, he works all the Titans home games...sigh...


Brandon was exhausted when the game was over and was asleep shortly after we left the parking lot. I am so thankful for the time I got to spend one on one with him. It doesn't happen often enough.





His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17

No comments: