Thursday, November 14, 2013

Revelation

In September I started going to a Bible study on Wednesday mornings as a way to get to know ladies in the church. There are several options of women's Bible studies but I chose to be a part of the study on the book of Revelation. Honestly, I had no idea what to expect. Revelation is rarely read and taught from the pulpit so I was a little unsure how the teaching/discussion would be in a small group. I also had no idea that this study would convict, encourage, and challenge me the way it has.

First of all the teacher is amazing! She doesn't have a curriculum or anything. She teaches the Word. There is no need for supplemental material when the Word is able to speak for itself! It is obvious that she has done extensive studying to prepare and I am pretty sure she has lead the study several times. I am thankful for her passion for the Word and her willingness to lead us.

The past two weeks we have discussed the seven letters to the churches (Revelation 2-3). These are questions that came up in discussion and have stayed on my mind...
1. Have I forsaken my first love? Have we as a church forsaken our first love? (Rev. 2:4)
2. Does the world see Christ in the church? (Rev. 3:1-6)
3. Am I lukewarm? Are we as a church lukewarm? (Rev. 3:15-16)
4. Have we put Christ outside the church? (Rev. 3:20)

Such convicting truths...
Such challenging truths...

Jesus is alive and active!
Honestly, my days are so monotonous. I know things may seem crazy from an outsiders perspective but we have a routine that is pretty much the same every day. I don't mind the monotony. I am a creature of routine so I LOVE IT actually! =) The boys do well with routine so it works for us.

However, I can get stuck in the day in and day out. Stuck.

I have been challenged.



His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17

No comments: