Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mommy/Easton Update

I had a follow up ultrasound on Tuesday. After discovering a uterine window (see July 1 blog for more info :)) at the preceding appointment they wanted to make sure it hadn't gotten any bigger. I have been really anxious about this and following doctor's orders as best I can. Obviously if there are any uterine issues then contractions aren't a good thing. So, my doctor has encouraged me to limit lifting, bending, and standing for long periods of time.

Update: The uterine window has not gotten any bigger! Praise the Lord!!! I am still on lifting/bending/standing restrictions which is fine. The boys have been great even though they don't really understand. They love swimming which is awesome because it feels good for me to get in the water.

However, UGH, blood work came back and I have developed gestational diabetes. I was supposed to hear from the diabetes clinic today so I could set up an appointment for consultation and treatments. I didn't hear from them so hopefully I will hear something tomorrow. With gestational diabetes babies tend to be bigger. Ok, if you know my history, I don't have small babies anyway. Brandon was 8 lbs 9 oz, Carson was 9 lbs 1 oz, Dalton was 11 lbs 5 oz.  I was borderline diabetic with Brandon but not with the other two. So, Easton's size is a factor when it comes to the uterine window issue. The bigger he gets the more likely for me to have uterus issues. After an emotional doctor's visit my doctor gave me an honest, "This is going to be a rough pregnancy but you'll be fine." Well alrighty! =/

So, plan from here? I am going back for another ultrasound/doctor visit on July 29th. Hopefully there is still no change. I will be 28 weeks at that point. I will continue to go every two weeks (assuming everything stays as is) until I am 32 weeks and then I will go every week. He is hoping I can make it to 36 to 38 weeks to deliver. ME TOO!! I want Easton to stay put as long as his lungs/heart/everything need him to.

The further along I get in the pregnancy the less anxious I get. The main reason for the anxiety is Easton's health. I don't want something to happen and him come too early. The further along I get in the pregnancy the less worried I am.

Thanks for those of you that have been praying!!


His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17

No comments: