Monday, July 28, 2014

My Jesus I Love Thee

Thirteen days ago I posted a Mommy/Easton update. At that point, I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for tomorrow (July 29th). After a not-so-good weekend I ended up in the doctor's office today. I had an ultrasound to check on Easton and the uterine window. Both are fine. However, I have been having some cramping, contractions, and soreness that aren't fine. Instead of going back in two weeks, I have to go back next week. I am blessed to have a doctor that is keeping a close watch on me.

Rewind to this morning...
I called my doctor first thing this morning to tell him the details of the weekend. He scheduled an ultrasound and asked that I come in within a couple hours. Nate was home from work so he drove the boys to Tiffany's so he could come with me to the doctor's appointment. 
IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE: Nate has been incredible the past couple days. He has taken such good care of me. He took off work today so I could have another day of rest. He is such a blessing! I am so thankful for Tiffany who didn't hesitate when I called her this morning. She let the boys come play for a few hours which was a huge help! I am so blessed!
Ok, so Nate took the boys. Not five minutes after they left my dietitian called. Reminder: I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. For the past few days I have been on a restricted diet and I have had to check my blood sugar four times a day. Sounds fun, huh?! Well, she called today to tell me that I would need to be put on medicine. I have an appointment with her tomorrow to find out what that entails. 
Ok. Overwhelmed. I hung up the phone and started crying. Tears of frustration, anxiety, concern, everything. About a minute into my pity party and prayer I felt the presence of God. I feel like he is with me in the details of my day but I LOVE the times when he makes himself known in specific, tangible ways. It was a peaceful assurance that everything was going to be okay. Yes, like an audible voice experience. I could hear him say, "It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay." I found myself sitting on the couch with no tears to cry. All I could do was say, "Okay" back to him and trust that he knows. 
As if that wasn't enough...I went upstairs to turn on Pandora and start getting ready to go to the doctor. Hillsong's "My Jesus I Love Thee" came on...for all my pregnancies this is the song that I have sung to my babies. For this song to be on Pandora at this particular moment was no coincidence! I did cry then because I know that God knows my mommy heart. He knew what I needed to hear to be completely sure that when he said, "It's going to be okay" that he meant it. 

I went to the ultrasound and doctor's appointment with a peace and assurance that everything was going to be okay regardless of what the doctors said. When this face popped up on the ultrasound screen, I LOST IT!! They weren't tears of fear or worry. They were tears of overwhelming love for this face! My boy. 


So, I meet with the dietitian tomorrow afternoon.
I have another ultrasound and doctor's appointment next Tuesday (August 5th).

I will probably have this song on repeat until then...and singing it to my baby boy.





His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17




No comments: