Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Do Not Be Anxious...???

Matthew 6:25-34 uses the phrase "do not be anxious" three times. Do not be anxious about life, provision, your future. Verse 33 reminds us to "seek first the kingdom of God." I have repeated this verse to myself several times today but I still feel anxious and worried. I am anxious about life (mine and baby's). I am anxious about provision as we are having to make some adjustments for the next few months. I am anxious about what the next few weeks and months might hold. In the anxiety, I KNOW to seek the Lord and the peace that only he can give. I KNOW that he is not a God of fear (2 Timothy 1:7).

I had an ultrasound last month that determined baby #4 is a boy. We also found out in that ultrasound that after three c-sections, my uteran lining is very thin. My doctor recommended that I have a follow up ultrasound to check on the status of the uteran lining. Well, that ultrasound was today...and it has been an emotional day!

I was told by the ultrasound tech and my doctor that I have a 6cm window on the lining of my uterus. I quickly found out that it's not a good thing. Long story short - I am not on bedrest but I am on lighter activity for the next two weeks until I go back for another ultrasound. We are basically taking it two weeks at a time until Easton is born.

I will update on here as things happen.
We would appreciate the prayers.

Thank you!!!



His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17






1 comment:

Valerie Bowman said...

I rarely get on blogger anymore, but I was skimming through today and the title of your post caught my eye. A reminder to calm my own anxieties with scripture was just what I needed. Thank you.

As for your request for prayers, you got it! You have a beautiful family. My prayers are for all of you and your doctor as you prepare for Easton's arrival.