Tuesday, September 16, 2014

From the Journal...

I don't typically do this but I felt the need to blog my journal entry from yesterday. Not because it's anything special but because it's what I have been learning lately and instead of rewriting it, it's just easier to copy it.

September 15, 2014

One month from yesterday - Easton's eviction notice...unless he comes sooner. But a month at the latest. For some reason I am most nervous about this one. I don't know if it's because of the issues I have had or the idea of another baby. I love him so much already but I am little nervous. 

Galatians 1:24, "and they glorified God because of me." (Paul) (v. 23) "...He who used to persecute us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy." A life transformed bringing glory to God. We all have that story/testimony - or we should. Am I leading others to glorify God?

I feel like the past 5+ years I have lived in a bubble...wife and mommy has been my main focus and I haven't been as excited or as able to serve in ways I could pre-babies :( Some would try to speak encouragement saying, "Oh it's just the phase of life you're in" or "Your ministry right now is at home." Both are true and intended to be spoken with grace BUT we should live without excuse in leading others to glorify God! Without excuse. 

Acts 8 introduces Saul (later known as Paul). 
Acts 8:3, "Saul was ravaging the church and entering house after house, he dragged off men and women and committed them to prison." 
Acts 9:1, "But Saul still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord..."
He was converted!! 
Acts 9:7, "The men who were traveling with him stood speechless..."
Acts 9:15 (to Ananias), "Go, for he (Saul) is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and children of Israel."
Acts 9:18, "...he was baptized..."
Acts 9:20, "Immediately he proclaimed Jesus in the synagogues."

Others questioned his conversion - wouldn't most of us?
He could have used his past as a reason to withhold the gospel from others. He could have waited until he felt better equipped to share Jesus...he could have but he didn't.

Lesson to me...I have no excuse yet I allow myself and others convince me that it's "just a phase of life" or justify by claiming "my ministry is at home" - again both carry truth but personal conviction won't let that be it. 


His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17

No comments: