Friday, September 12, 2014

Overwhelmed

If you listen to Christian radio then you have probably heard the new song, Overwhelmed, by Big Daddy Weave. Love. this. song.



Overwhelmed...
By creation
By his voice
By his words
By his glory
By his presence
By his mercy
By the power of the cross
By his forgiveness
By all he has done

Have you ever been overwhelmed by who he is? By what he has done?  I can think of numerous times in my life that I have been overwhelmed by his presence and grace. I have been at broken places where I can't believe that he would reveal himself to me, a sinner. I become overwhelmed at his forgiveness and all that he has done for me. It would take writing a book (hey, that's a good idea :)) to explain the ways I have experienced him and heard his voice.

Since Brandon was born (2009) I have struggled with resting in him. I have felt pulled in so many different directions that I haven't felt at ease in my relationship with Christ. That might not make sense to many people and I almost hope no one knows what I am talking about. It's not a good feeling and it's a very restless place to be. I am so thankful to say that in the last year God has overwhelmed me with his undeniable presence and calming voice.

Being a wife and mommy is so rewarding and I have learned more about God through the relationships with my boys. However, being a wife and mommy is hard. It's demanding physically and spiritually and it takes a lot of effort to not get sucked into spiritual lethargy. I love the Lord and words can't adequately express how thankful I am for all he has done for me.

He is beautiful.
He is wonderful.
He is glorious.



His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17

No comments: