Wednesday, November 12, 2008

God is "knitting away"

I haven't been sick since the 7th grade...seriously! Yeah, that was 16 years ago! I was trying out for the Hawkins Middle School basketball team and I had to leave try-outs because I got sick. I don't even remember what it's like to be that sick. Ugh...and I don't want to be reminded!

My mom used to say, "What are you gonna do when you get pregnant and you have morning sickness?" Well, what if I don't have morning sickness?! =) Luckily, I have somehow avoided the nausea that comes with pregnancy. I have been extremely sleepy/fatigued and I have had some food "issues" (for one, I can't stand cutting up chicken), but I would much rather take naps and modify dinner recipes than stay locked up in the bathroom. Ugh.

We go back to the doctor on the 25th for an ultrasound/checkup. I am about 9 1/2 weeks pregnant and I am still so AMAZED at all that is going on. As my friend, Shawnda, says, "God is knitting away." So true and so awesome!!
  • Fingers and toes are becoming distinct

  • Muscles are developing enough for his/her first movements

  • Ears and upper lip are forming

  • Vital organs are beginning to work together

In the meantime, Nathan and I are preparing to transform our office space into the baby room. I am excited about the organization to come but I can't say that Nathan is near as excited as I am! hahahahaha!


Meg

No comments: