Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend 2008

Tuesday - Nathan and I left for Jackson, TN.

Wednesday - Mama took me shopping for maternity clothes (thanks, Mama)!! Later that afternnon, Nathan and I went to a couple parks in the Jackson area. It was a beautiful day so we wanted to take advantage of it. Our first stop was Chickasaw State Park.






Then, we went to Pinson Mounds which is an old Indian burial ground.

You can't really tell in this picture, but we were able to get really close to some deer which was pretty cool.





Thursday - That morning, we drove to Covington, TN with my family to celebrate Thanksgiving with the Wrights (my dad's side of the family). As always, there was LOTS of good food. It was another beautiful day in west TN so we spent most of the afternoon outside.
Nathan and I drove to Jackson in separate cars because he had to work on Friday. So, after our trip to Covington, Nathan had to head back to Louisville. =(
The rest of us stayed in Jackson to celebrate the holiday with the Gregorys (my mom's side of the family). Since we all fill up during the day, we just have snacks/desserts. As we do every year, we played Bingo. Daddy Bill is the caller and we play for prizes. It's like Dirty Santa where you can steal someone else's prize when you win. In years past kids have left crying because mean uncles (I won't mention any names) have stolen their prizes but this year was pretty calm.

Friday - Early that afternoon I went to Jonie's house to pick a few things for THE BABY!!! =) She was gracious enough to give us a baby bed and pack-n-play. It is officially time to start the baby room!!!!
Later that day my brother-in-law drove my mom, sister, neices and I around Jackson so we could do a little shopping. When we got home that night we ordered SUSHI!! I miss Sakura when I am in Louisville because I haven't found a sushi restaurant quite like it so I love going home for sushi night!

Saturday - I came back to Louisville just in time to see Phillip Fulmer coach his last game as the head coach of the Vols.

It was a great weekend!! I am definitely thankful for such a great, loving family!


Meg

No comments: