Sunday, November 15, 2009

DATE NIGHT

Thanks to our friend, Heather, Nathan and I were able to go on a date tonight! Woo hoo!! His birthday is Friday and due to his crazy schedule this was the only night this week or weekend that we could go out. Because I love surprises I arranged everything without him knowing. Last year I threw him a surprise birthday party and he was convinced he was having another one this year. Well, he was wrong.

Nathan is getting ready for his LAST WEEK OF CLASSES which means lots of assignments are due this week. Heather was kind enough to agree to watch Brandon from 4:00-6:30, so I told Nathan he had until 3:30 to work on school stuff but after that we had plans. Of course he had lots of questions and was confident that we were going to someone's house for a surprise party.

I spared him the embarrassment and planned the night just for us. We dropped Brandon off and headed to Nathan's favorite restaurant, Famous Dave's. It's been a while since we have eaten there so he was excited. We got a free birthday dessert...too bad they didn't sing; he would have LOVED that (lots of sarcasm...Daddy, he is about like you when it comes to that stuff)! Nathan loves browsing bookstores so after dinner we went to Barnes & Noble. At this point I was ready to go get Brandon because I was missing him (sad, I know), but I enjoyed our time together since we never get to just hang out.

Thank you, Heather, for being SO sweet! I know Brandon had a blast with you and your boys!!! He told me so...hahahahahaha!!!


Meg

No comments: