Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankful for great friends...

On Black Friday some people wake up at 2:00am (if they go to bed at all) to go shopping. It's not a RIDICULOUS idea but to me it is...sleep is too precious and there was NO WAY I could go shopping that early and attempt to keep Brandon all day. So...I slept in and spent the afternoon with friends. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my time while Nathan worked.

Our good friends, Sally and Cody, invited Brandon and I to have Thanksgiving dinner with Sally's family on Friday. A few weeks ago we weren't sure if Nathan was going to get off work for the holiday, so Sally had invited me to eat with her family so I wouldn't be alone on Thanksgiving (awwww now that's a great friend for ya). Nathan ended up getting off work but since he had to work Friday Sally kept the invitation open. Cody is the pastor at their church and since they had so much family in town, they just used the fellowship hall at the church. It was perfect!!

Brandon and Laine (Sally's daughter) hadn't seen each other in almost a month...they had lots of catching up to do! =)

He loved the sweet potatoes and homemade apple sauce

Since the dinner was at the church, the kids were able to play in the nursery. There were six kids there so it was nice.

Me and my boy


Thanks for the invite, Sally!! We had a great time and Brandon was SO glad he got to see y'all!!! =) We look forward to hanging out again next week! Love you!




Meg

No comments: