Saturday, January 12, 2013

Interrupted Day

Dalton was born with hypospadias. If you don't know what that is then look it up. It's something that the doctors like to have done before a baby boys turn one. Dalton is 6 1/2 months and his surgery date was set for yesterday morning.

Grammy and Papa (Nathan's parents) drove in from Alabama to sit with Brandon and Carson so Nathan and I could take Dalton to Vanderbilt for his surgery. Nanny (my mom) drove over from Jackson to be at the hospital. Our pastor and a great friend from church came to the hospital to pray with us and be emotional support for this mama...all was UNDER CONTROL...


Then came the stethoscope! Dalton had an episode of bronchiolitis about seven weeks ago and apparently it wasn't completely gone. According to the anesthesiologist and surgeon Dalton had a wheeze which prevented them from going through with the surgery. Now, remember. I had everything under control...everyone was taken care of and I was ready to have this done!

I quickly had to let go of my agenda for the day and think about baby Dalton. When the surgeon said, "He has a wheeze", I knew. My agenda quickly shifted from MY AGENDA to Dalton's best interest. We left Vanderbilt and I was bummed.

Grammy and Papa had already planned to take Brandon and Carson back to Alabama so the boys are there for the weekend. I miss them so much when they are gone! Our day to day is so crazy and never a dull moment but I LOVE having them home...it's WAY too quiet without them! =) When they left to go to Alabama, Dalton and I took my mom to Tiffany's to surprise them with their NANNY!!! They were so excited and surprised to see her and we had a great/fun visit. My disappointing morning turned into a fun day!!

Sometimes an interrupted day can bring blessings!!!



His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen sista!!! It was a day of blessings indeed!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.