Tuesday, January 29, 2013

So blessed

When I was pregnant with Dalton I had a gall bladder attack. Fortunately, I was at my mom's house and she gave me meds and I felt better within a few hours. This past Saturday night I started having an attack and I knew what it was right away. I took pain meds, drank lots of water, and laid down waiting for the pain to stop. Well, it didn't. Wouldn't you know this would happen when Nate was out of town?! Ugh.

After twelve hours of pain...if you have ever had a gall bladder attack then you know the pain I am talking about. If I had not had this issue before then I would have thought it was a heart attack. Terrible pain. Anyway, at 5:30 Sunday morning I finally decided I needed to quit being stubborn and ask for help.

I texted one of our babysitters to see if she could come sit with the boys. She did...and her mom came and got me and took me to the hospital. Remember, Nate was out of town. Beth, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I got to the ER and did the initial paperwork and within an hour I was on morphine and feeling a little better. They did an ultrasound and discovered gall stones. The surgeon explained what was going on and said he was admitting me to the hospital to have surgery the next morning.

So, Monday morning I had my gall bladder removed.

I am home now...I am still pretty sore and don't really have much of an appetite BUT I have been so blessed by people that are willing to love on my boys and help me.

I am not supposed to lift over 10 lbs for atleast a week. Well, Dalton weight 20 lbs and even though he is mobile, he isn't walking which means I have to pick him up.

Nate and I have been so blessed by a loving church family and our extended families! I could go on and on listing all the details of the ways people have loved on us.

Thanks to those of you that prayed for us!!!



His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17

No comments: