Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Journey


Abram (later called Abraham) was called by God to leave where he was and go. That was his instruction. Just go. Abram was to rely on God's direction and the promises he had been given. Genesis 12:4 says that Abram did as he was told. That's it. I laugh to myself as I think about how easy that sounds but hard it is to DO. God said go. Abram went. Obedience. Reliance.

Without going through the whole story to get to my point, I will summarize by saying that God was present and revealed himself to Abram. Genesis 12:7, "So he built there an altar to the Lord, who had appeared to him." Again in verse 8, "He built an altar to the Lord and called upon the name of the Lord."

Ok, in chapter 13...Abram and his family journeyed on from Egypt where they had witnessed God's protection and faithfulness. In verses 3-4, "And he journeyed on...to the place where his tent had been at the beginning between Bethel and Ai, to the place where he had made an altar at the first. And there Abram called upon the name of the Lord."

Abram returned to a place of spiritual significance. He returned to a place that he had experienced the realness and closeness of God.

As Nate and I consider our next move in ministry I am encouraged by this passage. I have been encouraged to return to a place of spiritual significance and experience His presence. The purpose would not be to push repeat and experience an emotion but to be reminded of the promises He has spoken and focus my heart on the truths of the Word and His words to us.

We have turned in our final lease at Grande View so in June of this year we will be moving from this location and going wherever He calls us. I say that through gritted teeth, "Wherever he calls us." I pray that I/we can be like Abram and GO with obedience and trust that he will provide and protect.

Pray with us as we continue this journey!



His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17

No comments: