Monday, July 22, 2013

Four Year Old Theology

Lately Brandon has been asking lots of questions...

"Where does God live?"
"How old is God?"
"Does Jesus live with God?"
"When can I see Jesus?"

We answer the questions with an honest answer which usually leads to more questions. He and Carson both love to hear Bible stories and learn about the God of the Bible. Brandon is just at an age of NEEDING to know answers!! =)

Yesterday (Sunday) morning I was getting a bath ready for the boys before church. Brandon was the first one in there and as he gets in the bathtub he starts looking around. He looks at the ceiling, the walls, the floor, all around. Then he asks, "Mommy, can God see me through these walls?" I answered, "Of course. He can see you all the time no matter where you are." He scanned the ceiling and walls again...then started dancing! Naked. I laughed.

I thought about it throughout the morning and told Nate about it on the way home from church. The more I thought about it the more I realized I don't think about how present God is in my life. He is with me all the time. He can see me through the walls...the walls of the building I am in and the walls of my heart.

He is here.
He will never leave me or forsake me.

I love talking to Brandon about spiritual things. The faith of a child is the greatest teacher.



His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this! Love the statement that He can see through the walls of our heart. Sometimes that is the thing I am most thankful for.
Love these precious boys that God gave all of us!!!!!!