Saturday, July 27, 2013

The Longest Day...But So Thankful

Brandon was so excited when I told him I had signed him up for a Young Explorers camp at the Y last week. I was excited that he was able to go and put some of his independence to practice (I don't know where he gets that from).

The camp was Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 12:30-3:30. Ok. If you have young children then you know that naptime falls into that time frame. Fortunately, Allie (friend and babysitter) was willing to go to the Y and pick him and up and bring him back home so I wouldn't have to wake the others boys up from naps to go get him. Well...Friday she was on a mission trip and wasn't able to go get him. Excuses, excuses. Ha. Just kidding.

So, Friday was VERY interesting.  I had to work from 9:00-12:30 then I took Brandon to camp and Carson, Dalton, and I headed out...for three hours. My goal was to run a few errands and get some things done while keeping them awake so everyone could nap after we picked up Brandon and went home.

First stop. Lifeway. I needed a book. Dalton was asleep in the car before we even left the Y parking lot. Great.
Second stop. Home to get Carson some dry shoes because he had gotten his tennis shoes wet at the Y earlier in the day.
Third stop. McDonalds. Milkshakes.
Fourth stop. The park.

Asking them to play at the park when they hadn't had naps wasn't the best idea ever but they hung in there.







By the time we got home everyone was exhausted. Everyone.

I laid the boys down for naps and sat.

I had to be back at work at 6:00 that evening so it was imperative that I rest. I did for about 45 minutes. Needless to say I crashed after work.

It was a long day but I am so glad I got to spend quality time with the two little men.

I am a blessed Mama to have such sweet babies. I don't want to take that for granted. So, as long as the day seemed it was super sweet to spend with them.



His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17

No comments: