Monday, July 15, 2013

Legacy

This past weekend one of my favorite seminary professors passed away. (Read article below)

http://news.sbts.edu/2013/07/13/william-r-cutrer-seminary-professor-dies-suddenly-from-heart-related-issues/

As a student in the counseling department at Southern Seminary I had Dr. Cutrer for a few classes. I was amazed by his knowledge and passion. As a marriage therapist, OBGYN, minister, and professor he was able to minister to people on so many levels.

I also worked with Dr. Cutrer at Necole's Place/A Woman's Choice Resource Center. During seminary I volunteered as a counselor at AWC. I counseled abortion minded women which was very humbling. I later went on staff at Necole's Place where I served as their Program Director. Necole's Place is the next phase after AWC. Women that had been through counseling at AWC were sent to Necole's Place to get further counseling, acquire their GED, take cooking classes, learn computer skills, and be a part of Bible studies and therapy groups. I led some therapy groups and did one-on-one counseling. Dr. Cutrer was also on staff at Necole's Place and AWC. He served on the Board and was the on-site doctor/ultrasound tech. When I got pregnant with Brandon he was gracious enough to give us our first ultrasound. He was always willing to serve the women and staff and did a great job ministering to those he came in contact with.

I am confident that many many people are mourning the loss of such a great man! I am even more confident that Dr. Cutrer is in the presence of his Lord and hearing the words, "Well done my good and faithful servant."

As I think about his sweet wife and children I can't imagine what they are going through. When events like this happen I fear the day that something might happen to Nate or myself. I thought a lot about his over the weekend. I want to cherish the times I have my sweet family. Not because I fear death but because I know life goes by way too fast.

Hug your families tight tonight.



His,
Meg
Zeph. 3:17

No comments: