Monday, August 18, 2008

Graciee, I tried

I am the proud aunt of eight! Elizabeth, Phillip, Mitchell, Jacob and Jedediah are all on Nathan's side of the family. Austin, Sunniee and Graciee are my sister's kids. Well, today is Graciee's 4th birthday!!!



Tiffany planned a party for Graciee at McDonalds in Hendersonville yesterday. I went to Wal-Mart Saturday to buy her birthday present (High School musical cheerleading outfit - with pom poms, I must add, and a pedicure set). I was so excited because I knew that she would love it! She is SUCH A GIRL!!! =) By the way, I am still hoping her big sister, Sunniee, will pull through and be the athletic one.

The party was set for 2:30 Sunday afternoon. I went to church, went home and ate lunch, changed clothes, loaded the car with presents, camera -- all the PARTY essentials. I got on the road knowing I would get there plenty early to hang out with the kiddos before the party started.

Driving from Louisville, it's about a two and half hour drive. I was about an hour away when my air conditioner started blowing hot air, my "service engine" light came on and the thermostat on my car showed that it was hot. Since Nathan had to work 12-5 I was driving alone. The first thing I did was call Nathan. He was with a customer so he didnt answer. I texted him, "Car trouble - answer." I called him again and he answered. To make a long story short, I was VERY frustrated and just wanted an answer. You have to understand, I am the emotion of the marriage; he is the reason. So, he was asking me to calm down so he could help me find a auto shop close to where I was. Luckily, I was in Bowling Green, KY when I stopped so there were plenty of places to choose from.

At some point in the craziness, I called my Daddy -- my dear, patient, wise, Daddy! =) He and Mama were driving from Jackson to go to the party. We just got back from vacation a few weeks ago but I was excited about seeing them. So, Daddy advised that I find a Sears Auto or some sort of auto care place that could atleast look at my car and let me know what was wrong. Well, of course, since it was a Sunday afternoon, nowhere was open!

Just when I was AT MY LIMIT OF FRUSTRATION, I pulled into the Sears Auto center at the mall. They were open! The poor girl that greeted me when I got there must have thought I had gone bonkers...my eyes were red from crying, I was sweating from sitting in a hot car -- I looked 'to down as Nathan would say.

Once again, to make a long story short, they aren't a diagnostic center so they weren't able to do a check on the car like a Firestone or AutoZone could do. However, they noticed my desperation and agreed to look at it after it cooled down. The cool down took about an hour -- they lifted the lid and put a few things in it. Yeah, I know nothing about cars! =)

I was VERY blessed yesterday...I was not charged for the 2.5 hours that my car was there and I made it home safely! Now, I am still taking it to get checked out today but the ride home was nice since my air conditioner worked and the thermostat showed a normal temperature for my car.

Lessons learned?? Oh yeah! =) I owe the most sincere apology to Nathan! I was not the most patient with him when I called needing directions to SOMEWHERE...anywhere! He was putting customers on hold to help me and I was very ungrateful. He also closed the store early so he could start driving to Bowling Green. He sacrificed his day to make sure I was ok. He ended up making it about 45 miles out of Louisville when I told him I was fine. He pulled off at an exit and waited for me to get to where he was so he could follow me home. I have the BEST husband!

Well, I missed Graciee's party. I called her this morning to wish her a happy birthday and she doesn't hate me! =) Oh, I forgot to mention that she asked me for a baby cousin for her birthday! hahahahahahahahaha - kids say the darndest things!


Meg

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After what you said about my momma you need to apologize to her too.

Nathan

Nathan and Meg said...

Nate...hahahahaha you are so dumb! =)

Anonymous said...

Much to be thankful for! Ya'll were laughing together in the car tonight! That's a good thing! . . . You're safe, the car is almost fixed. . . that's a good thing! Your present will get SPECIAL attention!! That's a good thing. Shall I go on!!! It's all good. . . just life!
Love, Mama!!