Friday, August 22, 2008

Provision

My car has been in the shop since Monday.

After hitching rides from people all week, I am SUPER excited that my car is ready. I am even more excited about God's blessing through this ordeal.

I got a call Wednesday afternoon from the auto shop - "We have tried everything we can. We don't know what's wrong with your car. We are going to refer you to a radiator shop down the street so they can test it there...we don't have the equipment to do that." My first thought??? "RADIATOR?!" Yeah, I had no idea what that REALLY meant; I just knew that radiators are important and if something is wrong with it, then it can't be good!

I get a call Thursday afternoon from the radiator shop - "We have had your car running and it's not getting hot. We are going to drive it around and see if it will get hot then." My first thought??? "Does God heal cars?" =)

It turns out that the car started running hot once they got it out on the street. They put it on their tester and...it was the radiator. They said it was completely stopped up. Water wouldn't run through it. When they called to tell me it was ready to be picked up I was told that it would be $357! Oh, no worries, I found a $25 coupon online! =) Ok, so $332.

So, where is the blessing in all this?? On Thursday afternoon I was presented with a $400 check. It's not important where I got it but it was in addition to my normal monthly income. So, you guessed it - this paid for the car...and even gave me money to put gas in it! =) Isn't God good???


Meg

5 comments:

Amanda said...

God is good. I have so many stories like that. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

He is good ALL THE TIME!!!!
Love, Mama

Lori said...

Hey Meg. I found your blog through Amanda's. I am so glad that I can keep up with you now! I am a blog junkie...even though I don't update mine alot...I love to read them! :)

What a great testimony of our Jehovah Jireh!

Lori said...

Sorry I forgot to include in the first post.....
this is Lori Hobbs McKenzie.

Summer said...

I would love to make you a cake for your birthday but ya'll gotta come to Cincinnati to visit us!