Friday, August 29, 2008

Partners in Ministry

"Far too many partnerships are not harmonious precisely because many wives have no sense of purpose or worth and feel they are being dragged along on the tails of their husbands 'call'."

This quote is taken from Renewal on the Run: Encouragement for Wives who are Partners in Ministry by Jill Briscoe. Stephanie (my mentor and great friend) gave me this book this past week. I have spent my lunch breaks reading it and feeling totally encouraged. Briscoe does a great job of reminding women that their relationship with Jesus is just that - THEIR relationship. It doesn't matter if their husband is pastor, deacon, recreational director or chaplain. That husband's service does not define his wife's relationship with Christ.

Nathan is a godly man and I look forward to the years of service that we have ahead of us BUT I hope and pray I don't become mediocre in my service to HIM!

Briscoe challenges readers with this series of questions: "What would you be doing if you weren't married to him? Or, what would you be doing in this church if you were married to a layman? If you think of yourself as belonging to this body of believers as a committed disciple, what do you think you should be doing?" So, regardless of where Nathan and I are in life I want to serve with as much excitement and expectation as I do now - that is my prayer!

Meg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is my prayer for you too.
Love, Mama

Amanda said...

Like your new blog!

You have been tagged...see my blog for details.