Sunday, October 19, 2008

Game Day with the Girls

I have been a UT fan for as long as I can remember. I grew up watching my Daddy cheer the Tennessee Vols on with contagious enthusiasm. I don't pace from room to room like he does -- which is hilarious to watch -- but I LOVE football season and I look forward to game day every week. I am fully aware that this season has been a struggle for the mighty Volunteers but I am confident that they will redeem themselves in the years to come.

Yesterday, the Vols played Mississippi State. This is UT's homecoming so it's normally not expected to be a challenging game. To be honest, I was nervous to see if UT could pull off a victory considering they were 0-3 in SEC play (that means that they hadn't won a single game in their division - yeah, NOT OK!).

Luckily, I have a few fellow Tennessee fans here in Louisville so we decided to get together and watch the game. The game wasn't being shown on basic cable but a friend of mine has ESPN GameDay in her cable package so she got the game for free - free is always good! =) I also have a couple friends that are Mississippi natives and committed MSU fans so what a great opportunity for some clean, fun, competetive fellowship! =)

Lauren Helfenbein and Lauren Farmer...my UT buddies

Katy Ferguson and Beth White...MSU fans

Friends and rivals =)

Fighting it out before the game even began!!

Lauren and I excited to see the VOLS finally win!

Meg

No comments: