Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"Boo-Boo All Better"

Brandon has received his first major boo-boo and I experienced my first "hold it together for his sake" moment. I am sure this is the first of MANY and I am so thankful it's a minor introduction to life with boys!

This happened at the YMCA yesterday morning...the popsicle was an attempt to make it all better. It got us to the dr's office so that's all that mattered.



I will spare you the details but it involved the leg of a baby swing (which he tripped over) and an open door (that isn't normally open). Yeah, there was lots of crying from my little man which led to lots of hugs for this Mama. I tried to put an ice pack on it while we were there but decided I would just take him on to the doctor. The cut was oozing (ewwwww).



So, where was Carson during all this? Well, he might only be 9 1/2 months old but he was aware that something was wrong with his big bubba. At the dr's office he sat in the stroller and ate lots of crackers. Hey, it kept him quiet and I was able to focus on Brandon.

I had to hold Brandon down while they flushed out the cut and glued it back together. The cries of, "Mommyyy" broke my heart but I just kissed his little hands and told him it was almost over. I am sure those three minutes were the longest three minutes of his little life.



So, a day later his boo-boo is "all better." We have had this conversation numerous times:
Brandon: "Boo-boo here." (pointing to his head)
Me: "I see your boo-boo but the doctor made it all better."
Brandon: "Yeah. All better."

We went back to the Y today and he was totally fine! Good thing kids "bounce back" quickly. If that happened to an adult we would be calling in to work with an ice pack on our head and aspirin next to the bed. Hahahahaha.

My boys are precious gifts and I am SO thankful for them!




Meg

No comments: