Friday, June 3, 2011

"Don't take them for granted"

I got pregnant with Carson when Brandon was 4 1/2 months old. I was a little nervous about my body still recovering from a c-section and being a able to carry another baby. The pregnancy was great and I was so excited to have two baby boys so close in age. The transition from one to two wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had heard horror stories and my heart was prepared for the worst.

Brandon will be two next week and Carson will be one in July...where did the last year go?! It's so true...time goes by SO MUCH FASTER with your second one. Oh my. Well, our boys are so precious to me and I am so thankful that God has entrusted them to us.

Nathan and I decided when I got pregnant with Brandon that I would stay home and raise our kids. Homeschool has been a topic of conversation but we have a few years to finalize that! =) Since I am with the boys all the time, I can get in our routine and forget to stop and just enjoy them. We do fun stuff and I tell them I love them all the time. Sometimes when Nathan can tell that I am frustrated or had a long day he will say, "Don't take a single moment with them for granted." So true. I think about that all the time.

















We chose verses for the boys when I was pregant. Brandon's verse is Psalm 119:9, "How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to Your word." Carson's verse is Micah 6:8, "He has told you, oh man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God." We pray that Brandon and Carson will put their trust in the Lord and live a life that brings honor and glory to Him.

Blessed.




Meg

1 comment:

Summer said...

Love this post Meg! So encourages me when I'm getting nervous about having a 2nd baby really soon! I know God is so going to bless our family and my heart will just expand with love for this new little boy! I'm excited to watch them grow up together and be best buds!