Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ears Ears EARS

Since November Carson has had an ear infection every six to eight weeks. He normally isn't one to show symptoms when he is sick but this last time he was snotty, had a terrible cough, and was WAY fussier than normal. I can handle wiping a snotty nose and I can deal with hearing a cough all day but having him crawl around after me all day for several days can get tiring...for him and me!

So, this past Thursday we went to the doctor. One of his ears was red...either the start of an ear infection or the remains of one he had a few weeks ago. The other ear had a ruptured ear drum. OUCH!!!! The doctor let me know that it's not as painful as an ear infection but it still sounds painful. No wonder he has been so fussy.




He is on antibiotics (oral and ear drops) and after 72 hours he is back to normal. The meds continue for another week and we go back in July for a check-up. Hopefully his ears will be clear of any infection!



Meg

No comments: