Friday, September 2, 2011

Doctor, Doctor!


Yesterday was check-ups for both boys! Their appointment was at 2:00 so I had to decide how that would work with naps. They usually go down between 12:30 and 1:00 and sleep until about 3:00. Well, obviously that wasn't going to work so I kept them awake and entertained until 1:30.

We left the Y at 10:30 and I took them to the Monkey's Treehouse until 11:30. They LOVE to play there! There were several kids there but there were two little boys that were Brandon and Carson's age. The Mama asked how far apart Brandon and Carson are and I told her thirteen months. As always, there is a small gasp and an "oh my" but she told me that hers were sixteen months apart. In my mind, anything under two years apart can make things interesting. Anyway, we ended up having great conversation and we exchanged tips about potty training, napping (her boys don't nap at the same time which is vital to my day...i love that they nap at the same time), eating, etc.







We went by the store on the way home which put us being back home around noon. The boys ate lunch and played for a while before I started getting them ready to go to the doctor.

Suprisingly, neither one of them fell asleep in the car on the way there. That's probably because I was singing silly songs and ABC's to keep them awake! =)

Everything went well at their appointment. Carson's ears are still pink even after just finishing a round of antibiotics. So, we are on one more round before going back for a check-up in a couple weeks. Tubes are in our near future, I am sure. He has had five ear infections in eight months. Poor baby!

This stool was their entertainment until the doctor came in




Brandon weighs 34 lbs 12 oz and is 36 inches long. Carson weights 22 lbs 8 oz and is 32 inches long. Both are healthy boys and we are so thankful for that!!!




Meg

No comments: