Friday, September 16, 2011

I Have Created A...

I have created a...
You be the judge.

Since Brandon was a baby I have sung the clean up song when I pick up toys or even fold laundry. You might know the song, "Clean up clean up everybody clean up. Everybody everywhere. Everybody do your share." Since he was a crawler he would push books to me or put toys in his toy box. Today he is a great little helper by putting dirty clothes in his laundry basket and fixing the kitchen mat when it's out of place. LOL.
I even have a happy little song I sing when I make up the bed! "Mommy make the bed, mommy make the bed. Hi Ho the derry-o Mommy make the bed." hahahaha and Brandon sings right along with me...Carson has caught on and will be singing too, I am sure!

Here's where you are the judge.
Yesterday I got in the shower after putting them down for naps and when I got out I heard Brandon screaming...not crying, screaming. I have no idea how long he had been doing that since I was in the shower but it definitely is not normal naptime behavior. So, I went into his bedroom. He is sitting up in his bed with tears on his face and says, "Mommy fix it!!" Bless. His pillow (which is really his favorite blanket folded up) was crooked. It wasn't unfolded or anything but it wasn't folded perfectly straight. He wanted me to "fix it." So, I refolded it and laid it back in his bed. He went to sleep.

Have I created a monster?
Have I created a little boy that notices messes and will be my helper?

I will go with the latter!! =)



Meg

No comments: