Monday, September 26, 2011

A Whole New World

Carson got tubes today!!! woo hoo!! Here's to hoping that everything heals correctly and he doesn't have to have tubes again...EVER! =)

We had to be at the hospital at 6:00 this morning and he couldn't eat or drink anything until after his little surgery. He did fine until about 7:00 and then he was mad!!



They had a wagon at the hospital so I pulled him around in that as a way to take his mind of food. It worked!




Everyone told me the procedure only took about five minutes but it didn't matter when the nurse took him from me to take him back to surgery. Whether it was going to be five minutes of five hours, it was sad. Yes, I teared.

In recovery, he drank two sippy cups of juice and then he was ready to go! =) He was so thirsty. There is a Krispy Kreme next door to the hospital so I drove through and got donuts. Hmmmmm fresh donuts from Krispy Kremes are the best! Brandon stayed at Tiffany's last night so we went to get him and deliver donuts to the Hollis clan. Thank you, Tiffany, for keeping Brandon for me!!! I know he had a blast and it was a huge help!!

Carson took a 3 1/2 hour nap this afternoon and has been great since. He hasn't pulled at his ear one single time and I haven't had to walk around with kleenex to wipe his snotty nose! Yay!!





Meg

No comments: