Sunday, September 21, 2008

600 miles in 24 hours

After work on Friday Nathan and I left for Jackson. We knew it was going to be a quick trip but we were excited about seeing family. My sister and her family were driving over from Hendersonville and my brother was coming to visit from UT Chattanooga. I had lots planned for the few hours that I had at home. I was looking forward to seeing friends I hadn't seen in YEARS and spend time with family that I don't get to see as often as I would like.

We arrived in Jackson around 10:00 Friday night and hung out with "the fam" about an hour and a half or so before I just gave up and went to bed. I was exhausted.

Graciee had this headband with purple braids on it...I couldn't resist making goofy pictures with it.



We got up early Saturday morning to a DELICIOUS breakfast prepared by my wonderful mother. My sister says that my nieces, Sunniee and Graciee, don't sleep when they are at their Nanny's. I guess it's because they are excited. Sure enough, Saturday morning they were ready to go - Sunniee was out playing softball before I even poured a cup of coffee!

My little tomboy hit the ball on the house - THAT A GIRL! =)



This is what happens when you mess with Uncle Nathan...


Later that morning I went to the ZTA lodge to join the Bid Day festivities. I pledged to the sorority in 1997 and graduated in 2001. A few friends that I have not seen in YEARS were there. We had a great time hanging out and celebrating with the ZTA Beta Omega chapter. They had a GREAT rush (32 new girls) so it was very exciting!


Me and Meredith



Carrie and Caroline (the little ZTA legacy)


ZTA...seek the noblest



They had the cutest strawberry car at the lodge...



Meeting new sisters...


CIRCLE UP...time for some good ol' ZTA cheers!


Me and Rachel


Jessica, Me, Rachel, Mandy, Carla, Brooke, Meredith

Me and Nicole



This is Jessica's little girl, Margaret. My first name is Margaret and it is very rare that I meet one that is younger than me! =) This was totally picture worthy.




After leaving the ZTA lodge, I met up with my mom, sister and the kiddos while they were shopping. Graciee is quite the little shopper. She is only four years old but she LOVES shoes and clothes. I picked out a couple outfits and she would say, "Nah." Then, I would find something she might like and she would say, "Is that a 3?" (That's what size she wears.)


Sunniee enjoys shopping, too, but she is like me. She can only handle so much. So, we went and tried on hats! =)




Olivia called me while we were shopping at Kohl's. She is a freshman at Freed Hardeman and she had asked me to paint something for her dorm room. So, I headed to meet her at my parent's house.

"Suite 9" is her room number




Olivia thinks action jumping shots are funny...she got Austin and Sunniee involved! =)




After Olivia left we watched the Tennessee vs. Florida game. Yeah, that's all I will say about that. Ok, I will make one comment - Tennessee pretty much handed Florida the game. It was VERY frustrating to watch!



Austin's face says it all!



After the game we ordered sushi. The Wrights LOVE sushi...this is a picture after Round 1! =)


It wasn't long after an EXCELLENT dinner that Nathan and I had to head back to Louisville. But before I left I gave Graciee her birthday present. If you keep up with this blog you know that last month I attempted to drive to her party in Hendersonville but my car didn't make it. She loves her High School Musical cheerleading outift and pom-poms! =)




It was a quick trip but we had a great time!


Meg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good blog post, girl! that was fun to read and i loved the pics!!!