Sunday, September 28, 2008

~Fall~

I love this time of year! Football, chilly nights (still waiting on cooler days), leaves changing color...it's GREAT!!! I have always loved this time of year but it used to be because I knew that my birthday was right around the corner. My Mama always puts out fall decorations and I could always tell that my birthday was close when I saw the pumpkins, scarecrows, cornucopia and other festive decor. Well, now that I am almost 29 things are a little different. I still think my Mama's decorations are wonderful and festive but my birthday doesn't seem near as exciting! =)

Nathan and I spent the afternoon watching football and napping. Since the Titans weren't on TV today I watched the back of my eyelids most of the afternoon. I put barbecue chicken in the crock pot when we got home from church so that it would be ready by dinner time. I had to take a picture of what occurred at the dinner table. It is typical for a meal at the Moores but I have never gotten it on camera.

My plate

Nathan's plate



After dinner we went to Riverfront which is one of my favorite places in Louisville. We used to live about 5 minutes from there but now it's about 20 minutes away so we don't go near as often as we would like to.

The Falls of the Ohio on the Indiana side of Riverfront


I was really excited! =) I love this place.

Nathan is thrilled...can't you tell?!



This is the view from the Louisville side. This is about the exact location where Nathan proposed about 10 months ago...awwww! =)


On the way home we spoiled ourselves...we got Starbucks! =) That is a treat since we can go out to eat for about the same price as two frappaccinos. Oh well, it was yummy!
We don't get days like today very often so we took advantage of it and had a great time!


Meg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg always would say when I would decorate for fall that I was decorating for HER birthday!!!. .. . . of course I was!
Love you,
Mama

Amanda said...

Hey Meg! I hope yall get to go to the movie! Let me know how you like it. Oh! And take your tissues...alot of them!