Monday, September 15, 2008

Louisville Wind Storm

Nathan and I were walking out of church yesterday and we were about blown away! Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration but seriously - I had a skirt on and I about gave half of Highview Fegenbush a show! =) Anyway, we got home and turned on the weather channel to find out that we were expected to get 60mph winds! There were a few clouds in the sky so it was slightly overcast but it didn't look like a storm was rolling in or anything.
Nathan had to be at work at noon so I made him lunch for the road/office, sent him on his way then settled down to watch Sunday afternoon football. His parents went to Indianapolis again to watch the "big motocross race" so I was home all alone. It was 1:00 and kickoff was just a few minutes away...and the power went out. I sat there a minute thinking it would come right back on. It didn't. I read for a while then decided it was the perfect opportunity for a GREAT nap! =) So, that's what I did.
Our power came back on around 5:45pm so I started dinner and turned on the tv to catch whatever football games were still on.
We watched the news last night and heard of one fatality in Shelby County where a tree fell on a 10 year old boy; power is out in over 237,000 homes; 100 schools are without power (schools were cancelled today); trees are fallen on power lines all over town; traffic lights are out; even Kroger and WalMart were closed due to power outages! It has been CRAZY! I am just thankful that our apartment didn't get hit and that Nathan's parents made it back safely from Indianapolis.
I had to be at work at 8:30 this morning but Nathan and his parents were going to go to breakfast at Cracker Barrel before they headed back to Alabama. Even "the Crack" was closed!!! How insane is that?! =)


Meg

1 comment:

Summer said...

We got hit BIG time! We are still without power and lost a couple shutters on the house! I'm sitting at Panera using the free wireless! Yay for Panera! Matt didn't have work today b/c the GE plant has no power and water! He's super sad, NOT!!! Duke Energy says there are over 600,000 people without power! It's pretty bad! Look for a blog entry soon!